Vector Talent Resources is seeking one on-site, full-time editor/proofreader and multiple hourly contract editors/proofreaders to support its TalentMEDIA team. The right candidates will possess meticulous editing and proofreading skills, will have advanced knowledge of industry style guides, and will have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
Vector is looking to have someone start as soon as possible. Candidates will be tested on editorial and proofreading skills as part of the interview process.
Works with the Editorial Director and Editorial Project Manager to copyedit and proofread a variety of printed and digital content for a wide range of clients using superb editorial judgment in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Ensure adherence to client and industry (e.g., Chicago, AP, APA, AMA) styles as well as correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• Style citations for adherence to specified styles
• Rewrite text to improve clarity and flow
• Flag questionable or unclear original content
• Adhere to strict schedules and deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or another related field
• Two years’ professional experience as a copyeditor or quality assurance specialist
• Advanced knowledge of industry style guides such as Chicago, AMA, APA, and AP
• Ability to follow multiple client-specific styles
• Meticulous editing and proofreading skills
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, including the use of track changes and formatting tools, and Adobe Acrobat PDF editing tools
• Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects and to anticipate and meet deadlines
• Flexibility and breadth of general knowledge to edit a variety of subjects
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vector Talent Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.