U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will use your strengths and skills to edit investing advice content for consumers that covers a wide range of topics, as well as B2B content aimed at financial advisors.
You’ll edit articles and slideshows that help people make smarter decisions when it comes to stocks, funds, portfolio management, retirement investing, brokerages and financial advisors. You’ll also work with freelance writers; help curate and review our weekday newsletter, Invested, and our Advisor Weekly B2B newsletter; and use analytics tools to monitor the performance of our content. In this role, you’ll work with our communications team to promote our content on social media and with other media outlets, as well as work closely with digital producers, SEO experts and product team members to deliver helpful and actionable advice content to our readers.
Are you up to the challenge?
You should be a nimble editor who is skilled at juggling several tasks at once and understands the consumer investing space.
As part of the job, you’ll:
- Edit articles, slideshows, broker profiles and other content for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity, accuracy and SEO.
- Recruit and manage freelance writers with expertise in the investing and advisory spaces, assign articles, and edit their content.
- Work with reporters and freelancers to vet story ideas and pitches, and assign stories accordingly.
- Employ SEO best practices to determine topics to cover and optimize content for search.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor performance of content and inform decisions.
- Help curate our daily and weekly newsletters for investors and advisors, monitoring performance of these newsletters and optimizing them following email newsletter best practices
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.