The Editor-In-Chief is responsible for the daily editorial operations of Fraud Magazine, ACFE’s flagship publication, a four-color, bimonthly magazine with a global circulation of more than 70,000. The candidate must have extensive editorial management experience in both print and online media, a proven copyediting background and impeccable writing skills. The position requires a commitment to developing a deep understanding of the issues and trends affecting the anti-fraud community and passion for quality. This highly motivated, organized individual will lead the strategic direction of the publication and seek to maximize value to the association members who receive the magazine. The Editor-In-Chief will work directly with the Associate Editor to oversee the management and deliverables of internal and external authors, editors and designers.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or related field required.
2. Eight to 12 years of progressive professional writing/editorial experience required; proven success in working with weekly or monthly publications.
3. Must possess extensive copyediting and proofreading skills.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate on multiple levels.
5. Effective usage of English grammar, syntax and punctuation; thorough understanding of AP Style and current English usage.
6. Proven skills in organizing work, attending to detail, giving direction, managing time effectively and handling multiple tasks in a timely manner.
7. Working knowledge of web editing and authoring tools, project management tools, content management systems (CMS) and related applications.
8. Skilled in collaborating with internal and external resources.
9. Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
10. Must be proficient in Adobe InCopy, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The ACFE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans’ status.