WSP is currently initiating a search for a Technical Editor for our Buffalo, NY office. Be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• In-depth substantive editing of a wide range of scientific/technical documents
• Rewriting technical materials to improve clarity
• Coordinating and overseeing the production of technical reports
• Working with technical writers, word processors, and graphic artists to produce high-quality documents and meet client schedules In-depth substantive editing of a wide range of scientific/technical documents
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related discipline; Master's Degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience in substantive editing; experience in environmental consulting preferred
• Advanced Microsoft Word 2010 skills
• Experience working with the Chicago Manual of Style; familiarity with other style guides helpful
• Detail-oriented and well-organized with excellent grammar, proof-reading, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and be flexible with work hours to meet client needs
• Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Travel or temporary assignment to other offices for editing support may be required
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience working with authors from various disciplines (e.g. engineers, biologists, and geologists).
• Knowledge of the permit application process and packaging.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit https://bit.ly/3DMmVGZ
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.