The Primary Purpose of this role is to assist in ensuring the integrity of all written examinations and other communications issued by the ABPN.
Item Bank Support and Item Editing
• Maintains the ABPN examination item banks, including item entry.
• Edits and proofs examination materials. This includes editing for clarity, grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as well as providing suggestions for restructuring items to increase their testworthiness.
• Tracks items through the editorial process and provides reports on status of items.
• Assists Managers, Test Development with the production of meeting materials.
• Attends and participates in test committee meetings.
• Assists Managers, Test Development with preparation of final test copy of ABPN written and computerized examinations
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a medical editing background
Minimum Experience: One or more years of editing experience. Exposure to an office setting would be helpful.