Montefiore Health System and Albert Einstein College of Medicine seeks a Development Writer to conceptualize, research, write, and / or edit both internal and external communications for an expanding Office of Development. S/he will work on a client model across Development departments to produce high quality, inspiring, best-of-class collateral for traditional and non-traditional media in service to engaging and informing donors, prospects, patients, and friends. Sample projects include but are not limited to:
• Funding proposals
• Pitch decks
• Gift agreements
• Naming agreements
• Event collateral
• Stewardship reports
• Acknowledgement letters
• Year-end institutional impact reports
• Annual appeals
• Internal newsletters
• External newsletters
• Einstein magazine articles
The Development Writer will maintain a departmental writing style guide and serve as the authoritative editorial voice of a busy, fast-paced office. This is an on-site position in the Bronx; remote work is not an option. Link to online portfolio required. This position reports to the Senior Director of External Relations
• Bachelor’s degree and experience in a fundraising, healthcare, higher education, or other complex environment. Master of Fine Arts degree preferred.
• Impeccable writing, editing, and project management skills.
• Expertise in the use of the English language (grammar, punctuation, syntax).
• Ability to write in various leadership voices (for example, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Dean, CEO).
• Proven record of working fast, smart, and proactively across print, web, and other mediums while hitting all deadlines.
• Sees constructive criticism as a valuable part of the collaborative process.
• Possesses the talent, focus, and innovation to take projects—often, multiple at a time—from inception to reality.
• Ability to interact with colleagues across all levels in a mature, professional, and dependable fashion.
• Mastery of Microsoft programs.
• Experience interviewing subjects a plus.