Seoul, Korea OR REMOTE
Korea Risk Group is looking for a Deputy Editor who will closely work together with managing editor Kelly Kasulis in shaping exclusive content for NK News and NK Pro. The Deputy Editor will assist in managing daily news production and fill a key role ensuring the highest journalistic standards across all platforms and text forms.
- At least two years of full-time professional reporting experience in the journalism field
- Native English writing skills
- At least one year of copy editing or editing experience
- Korean language abilities or other language qualifications are a plus
- Edit and copy edit news stories, features, analyses, and other text forms
- Help manage news flow, schedule content, coordinate with reporters, format articles for the CMS, and find attractive images for stories
- Write news articles
- Monitor news while on call during weekend shifts and edit breaking news as needed
- Manage and coordinate editorial initiatives like “Ask a North Korean”
- Prepare content for the NK Pro newsletter
Interested? Please send us a cover letter of 500 words or fewer, your CV, three published writing samples, salary expectation, as well as two professional references who have worked with you in previous relevant roles. Only applications sent to email@example.com will be considered. We will be able to help successful candidates who are relocating obtain a work visa in South Korea.