Do you find yourself editing your friends’ writing mistakes? Or regularly correcting others when they say something grammatically incorrect?
Morning Consult is looking to hire someone who thrives in those situations. We are seeking someone with professional newsroom experience, preferably with a background in editing Washington-focused policy or business stories for a print or online publication.
This position requires about an hour of morning editing of our weekday news briefs, which are sent to subscribers around 8 a.m. That work can be done from home before coming to the newsroom for the remainder of the work day.
- Copy edit daily policy/politics and business news stories
- Ensure articles are fair and provide necessary context and information for readers
- Edit and send email policy briefs each weekday morning
- Publish reporters’ stories to Morning Consult’s news page throughout the day
- Commission and copy edit op-ed submissions for certain policy and business areas
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong copy editing skills, adherence to in-house and AP style
- Experience editing stories written by reporters with various levels of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Base salary: negotiable based on experience
- Health insurance
- Access to a 401(k) plan
- $75 a month cell phone reimbursement
- $50 a month commuter benefits
About Morning Consult:
Morning Consult is a high-growth integrated media, survey research, and technology company that has become a leading resource for business and political leaders since its founding in 2013. Morning Consult is the official polling partner for POLITICO and has collaborated with the New York Times, 538, Bloomberg, Fortune and Vox.