Galileo is looking for a diligent, dependable editor to ensure the inventive lessons developed by our stellar curriculum team are clear, accurate, and print-ready.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
• Copy edit 180-200 art, design, engineering, and outdoor play K-8 lessons: checking for clarity, consistency, typos, etc.
• Triple-check materials lists in each lesson for accuracy, and verify correct data entry in our materials database.
• Collaborate with the curriculum team to resolve any lesson questions and material discrepancies when necessary.
• Compile lessons into final curriculum notebooks and assemble supplemental resources (e.g. Prep Guides).
• Put the finishing touches on written lessons so they’re print-ready—including formatting, pagination, and PDFing.
• Clear, concise communication is your forte.
• You’re organized, and you sweat the small stuff. You appreciate the big impact small details can have.
• You’re a desktop publishing master. You’re undaunted by tables of contents, formatting, footers, pagination, and PDFing.
• You can manage dozens of documents simultaneously and stay flexible in the face of change.
• You’re communicative, manage your time well, and can work independently to get a big project done on time.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Demonstrated experience with substantial copy editing and print production projects
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat (or other PDFing software)
• Comfort with Dropbox and Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Calendar)
• Proven ability to complete projects independently and on time
• Skilled at and experienced with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
• Readiness to stick around; we find that our team (and our partners) benefit from year over year consistency