Company Description: Motive is a private medical information solutions company founded in 1996 and headquartered in San Francisco. Motive is focused on connecting patient data with evidence and best practices to deliver insights inside the real workflows of providers and the real experiences of patients. Motive uses information and technology to make health care appropriate, personal, and high touch in the most meaningful way across populations and care delivery organizations.
Motive is seeking a full-time Copyeditor to join its quality management team in San Francisco. The Copyeditor will primarily be responsible for the review of content created for Motive’s own products and content we create for customers, as well as the review of marketing and sales collateral and communications. The Copyeditor will also help to maintain the company style guide. The Copyeditor will work directly with medical writers, medical editors, clinical informaticists, and marketing and sales leads.
Degrees, Certifications, Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
• Two or more years’ experience copyediting, preferably for scientific or health care content
• Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and the AMA Manual of Style
• Health care experience or education
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• A love of language and usage, and excellent language skills
• Attention to detail, and the internal motivation to get every detail right
• The ability to learn multiple product-specific guides, and apply them appropriately
• A deadline-driven work ethic and commitment to the rest of the team working on a deliverable
• Confidence in working independently, while escalating as appropriately
• Well-developed communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively to resolve questions and issues
• Technical aptitude for learning new software applications
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.