1) Assume responsibility for accuracy, consistency, grammar, punctuation, usage, spelling, and style of all University of Chicago Magazine and Core copy (print issues, correspondence, reader surveys, solicitations, etc.), UChicago Short List, and other newsletters and materials produced by ARD (Alumni Relations and Development)Communications.
2) Fact-check the University of Chicago Magazine, the College magazine the Core, and other publications as needed against appropriate background materials such as writers’ notes, interview recordings and transcripts, books, online references, and the alumni database.
3) Review a wide variety of ARD Communications projects including, but not limited to, brochures, newsletters, fundraising appeals, web pages, emails, invitations, programs, advertisements, stewardship reports, and proposals for grammar, usage, accuracy, consistency, and style.
4) Ensure consistency of style and usage across materials and platforms.
5) Follow and assist with maintaining the ARD Communications style guide.
6) Stay current with changes in The Chicago Manual of Style and AP style.
7) Assist the editors of the University of Chicago Magazine with future story ideas, planning, and print and online production.
8) Assist editorial team in project research including, but not limited to, archival or online research.
9) Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance, including building networks within the University and with colleagues at peer institutions.