Rotary International, a global service organization, is looking for an experienced copy editor and line editor for freelance work, possibly leading to a full-time, in-house position in Evanston, Illinois.
Our Global Content team does developmental editing, light to heavy copyediting, line editing, voice editing, and proofreading of web content, newsletters, training manuals, event programs, forms, and more for our worldwide audiences.
• 4+ years of copyediting or line editing
• Excellent command of grammar, usage, and mechanics
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills, tact, flexibility, and reliability
• Familiarity with tracking changes in Microsoft Word
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Knowledge of other languages or cultures
• Experience editing for global English audiences
• Experience editing before translation
• Experience working with a corporate voice
• Proofreading experience
• Familiarity with AP style
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and editing samples and indicate whether you might be interested in an eventual in-house position. We may ask you to take an editorial test.