The Omaha World-Herald is seeking a full-time copy editor who is as comfortable working online and in the traditional newspaper setting. Top candidates will have exemplary copy editing and headline writing skills, ability to layout pages and the desire to put their skills to use on the online side. Versatility is key to this position, and the best candidates will possess a team-oriented and flexible nature. Hours are from about 4 p.m. to midnight including weekends.
• Journalism or related college degree
• Experience with InDesign, InCopy and Blox is helpful
• Understanding of various social media platforms is required
• A command of copy editing, headline writing and design, a passion for the news business and a willingness to be part of a busy team that serves a large print and online audience
Send resume to:
• Tammy Yttri, Copy Desk Chief, email@example.com
• Thad Livingston, Assistant Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org