UWorld is seeking a first-rate editor with a wide range of interests and abilities to edit the questions and detailed explanations written by our professional educators and specialists.
The exams we help prepare our students for include USMLE, COMLEX, PANCE, NCLEX, MCAT, NAPLEX, MBE, CPA, CFA, SAT/ACT and AP, and the successful applicant will edit questions and explanations in a variety of these areas.
What we're looking for:
● A detail-oriented grammar demon.
● A person with a laser-like focus for finding errors in dense manuscripts aimed for specialized audiences.
● Ability to identify, describe, and correct structural and logical gaps in content written by subject matter experts.
● At least 3 years' experience editing published educational material with observance of one or more detailed style guides, including at least 2 years' experience editing in a medical or health-related field.
● Ability to excel while juggling multiple tasks in a single day.
● A positive person who understands collaboration is crucial to success.
● Ability to stay highly motivated while working independently.
● Ability to give constructive feedback with consummate diplomacy when writing queries or comments for authors.
● Ability to receive feedback with tact and use that to grow.
● At least a four-year degree in linguistics, English, journalism, or related field.
● A disciplined and motivated professional who is eager to learn and thrive while working on deadline.
● Applicants must have experience editing educational materials. Corporate communications editors, literary editors, teachers, and/or writers will not be considered.
● This is a full-time position. Applicants must be available to work on site from our home office in Dallas, TX.