Blueshift Research is an investment research firm providing market research to institutional investors. Our goal is to provide ethical, quality, and unbiased investment research from independent sources, allowing our clients to make more informed investment decisions with a competitive advantage.
Blueshift is seeking a highly skilled, experienced copy editor to join our research team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who lives and breathes clean, concise, accurate copy, has appropriate formatting and publishing skills, and possesses the intellectual bandwidth to process fragmented information and see the big-picture story.
This is a telecommute, contract position; hours per week vary, but typically range from 5-7 hours.
• Edit 15- to 25-page reports (occasionally this climbs as high as 30 pages) on a wide range of investment research topics, ensuring the overall quality and professionalism of the report from start to finish.
• Verify company names and tickers and ensure their consistency throughout the report.
• Check formatting against report template and make necessary adjustments, including applying styles.
• Tighten summary language while remaining true to the overall tone of the report.
• Work with research editor to suggest/finalize pull quotes.
• Make edits to perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Upload completed report to company server and publish it via email distribution to sales team.
• Publish reiterations of past reports.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and independent
• 5 years of experience copyediting or proofreading
• Scheduling flexibility (i.e. able to work evening hours)
• Expertise in MS Word, Adobe PDFs, and email formatting (preferably in Outlook)