Attention, grammar geeks! We’re looking for a highly skilled, detail-obsessed, professional copy editor with a great attitude and ridiculously high work ethic. Is that you? We're looking for someone who has at least three years of experience in professional copy editing (i.e., not just editing your college roommate’s papers) and is comfortable with The Associated Press Stylebook and The Chicago Manual of Style. Ideally, this is an editor with experience editing magazine articles, web content and marketing assets. We’re not looking for a writer who can edit. We’re looking for a copy editor who loves editing copy—period.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Ensure every written piece is edited and promptly returned to the original writer for finalization.
- Strive for mastery in The AP Stylebook, The Chicago Manual of Style and Ramsey Solutions’ own writing style standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in editing electronically with Microsoft Word’s “Track Changes” feature.
- Familiarity with Adobe InCopy is a plus.
- Serve as fact-checker to verify the accuracy of statistics, Scripture references, names, dates, phone numbers, addresses, URLs, etc. in every written piece.
- Make sure all written content is in line with Ramsey Solutions’ message, statistics, tone and voice.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Ramsey Solutions’ writing style standards.
Skills Needed to Win:
- 3–5 years of professional copy editing experience
- Working knowledge of AP and/or Chicago Style Guides
- Copy editing certification preferred
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with writers, marketers, content strategists and team leaders
- An open mind and teachable spirit: We don’t edit like other companies, so sometimes we break the rules. (But you have to know the rules in order to break them.)
Would love the chance to share more about our team with you!