The Denton Record-Chronicle is hiring a part-time copy editor. We’re looking for a sharp editor with solid news judgment and a sense of page design to join the Record-Chronicle copy desk, which handles news, sports and features. Hours will involve evenings, weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required. One to three years of professional newspaper experience strongly preferred (college newspaper experience is acceptable). Working knowledge of Associated Press style required. Some experience with page design (such as Adobe InDesign or other desktop publishing software) and a content management system preferred. You will be trained to use Town News BLOX Total CMS, our content management system for print and web, and to make editing changes and output pages in Adobe InDesign.
Send a resume and relevant work samples to Mariel Tam-Ray, nightside editor, at email@example.com.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities:
• editing stories for accuracy, clarity and style, for print and web;
• writing clear, accurate headlines and photo cutlines;
• creatively using photos and attractively packaging stories with graphic elements for print and web;
• working with our design team to produce appealing news, sports and features pages; and
• using news judgment and meeting deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
Work experience required (minimum):
One to three years of professional newspaper experience strongly preferred (college newspaper experience is acceptable).