We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Content Production Editor to join our Science editorial team. We are seeking a strong copyeditor, comfortable with highly technical scientific material, to help coordinate the editing, production, and publication of scientific research papers for the journal Science.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
• Edit scientific research papers for grammar, spelling, house style, consistency, and specialized scientific nomenclature
• Send edited manuscripts and galley proofs to authors; oversee alterations made by authors, proofreaders, and others to galleys
• Prepare XML files for online publication and galley proof generation
• Work with staff artists, authors, and technical editors to prepare and check figures for publication
• Prepare supplementary materials—including tables, figures, videos, Excel-based data tables, and other file types—for online publication
• Troubleshoot editorial and technical problems as they arise
• Process post-publication corrections, coordinating with authors, editors, and operations staff
• Perform other duties that may include establishing style criteria, testing and evaluating new products and publications, and special projects