MedStudy is recruiting Content and Alignment Specialists who will compare and align medical content across different products, work closely with subject matter experts, tag content per DITA (XML) guidelines, and copyedit/proofread the medical content. This position requires a high level of reading comprehension in science. The positions are both full-time and part-time (20 hours a week), and the position can be fully remote.
• Compare content submitted by subject matter experts across 3 different products.
• Identify content discrepancies.
• Construct queries and communicate with subject matter experts about content discrepancies.
• Edit/revise medical content upon query resolution.
• Tag styling in DITA (XML) to ensure correct rendering into print and digital products.
• Identify mechanical and organizational errors within the content according to MedStudy’s editorial style guide and Chicago Manual of Style.
• Copyedit and proof medical content in oXygen and a custom content management system for functionality, sentence structure, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Perform layout reviews of print products in InDesign and PDF.
• Conduct audits of digital products.
• Use project checklists.
• Attend and contribute to regular standup meetings, sprint planning, and retro meetings.
• High level of reading comprehension and critical thinking
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree in English, Science, or equivalent program
• Experience in development editing, copyediting, and/or proofreading
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience comparing and aligning content across different products
• Experience in authoring tools other than Microsoft Word or Google Docs
• Experience with Chicago Manual of Style
• Experience tagging content in XML/html
• Experience in InDesign or other layout software
• Experience in project management software
Forward resume and letter of interest. Interview process includes several assessments including Watson Glaser (reading comprehension), DiSC (personality assessment) and a copy editing assessment.