This role seeks to grow digital audience engagement by helping to create and implement an online audience development strategy. Providing metrics, insights and direction for the editorial team to optimize content creation and distribution, to ensure Plastics News, Rubber & Plastics News, Tire Business and Urethanes Technology International are reaching the right readers who will ultimately become subscribers.
· Provides frequent analytics reports (web traffic, email, social, etc.) and content consumption insights to the editorial team, helping them make more informed decisions.
· Monitors and relays trends, social media and all other points of feedback from PN’s, RPN’s, TB’s and Utech’s audiences.
· Develops and helps to deploy content distribution strategy for core communities within the brands’ audiences.
· Leads efforts with cross-channel marketing strategy for key editorial initiatives.
· Develops, launches and maintains content optimization testing initiatives within the editorial team.
· Manages editorial posting and growth on social media channels.
· Works with audience and digital business leadership to create editorial processes and establish key milestones to measure success.
· Helps to build a case for hiring additional editorial staff to cover topics of interest to paid subscribers/ potential new subscribers.
Founded in 1989, Plastics News is a media brand serving primarily the North American market. The Plastics News includes the industry’s only weekly print publication, multiple news websites, a dozen e-newsletters, industry award programs and a half dozen live events. Plastics News covers the business of the global plastics industry. It focuses on commercial, financial, legislative and market-related developments worldwide that affect North American plastic product manufacturers and their suppliers and customers. The publication’s mission is to report completely, promptly, fairly and accurately, and to provide plastics industry officials with the market information and competitive intelligence they need to do their jobs more effectively.