Ithaca, NY or remote
The Administrative Science Quarterly (ASQ) is a top-ranked academic journal with a global audience of business and management scholars focused on the study of organizations. The journal is owned and managed by Cornell's Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management and has a diverse editorial team that includes scholars from institutions throughout the U.S. and the world.
In partnership with ASQ's Managing Editor, the Associate Managing Editor ensures that the journal’s daily operations run smoothly; that the needs of its academic editor, associate editors, peer reviewers, authors, and readers are met; and that its publications are polished and engaging. Because ASQ has only two staff positions, each person much be comfortable performing wide-ranging administrative, editing, and project management tasks. The ideal candidate will be capable of working independently, learning the Managing Editor’s role over time, and assuming responsibility for all journal operations for short periods as needed. Key responsibilities include:
* Managing the journal’s online manuscript submission and peer-review system.
* Formatting, editing, and proofreading articles and book reviews.
* Managing the journal’s book review program.
* Coordinating online and in-person meetings and events.
* Handling an array of administrative tasks supporting daily operations.
This position can accommodate hybrid or remote work, as well as a flexible schedule.