New York, NY
The Froebe Group (TFG) is hiring a full-time Associate Editor of Production in the New York office. The editor will project manage all aspects of production for higher education titles; prepare manuscripts for compositors; maintain quality control; and ensure final delivery of manuscripts on schedule.
The editor will work individually but also manage freelancers, completing projects on a rolling basis. This position is part of a team in a collaborative work environment and will report to the account Director.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate closely with authors.
• Communicate directly with client’s in-house editors to ensure quality and timeliness of materials.
• Work in tandem with Development and Permissions editorial teams.
• Check and evaluate the work of copyeditors, proofreaders, compositors, and indexers.
• Ensure that authors’ changes are incorporated into various stages of book manuscript and proofs.
• Maintain familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
• Assist with various ancillary projects (quality checks of epub and digital platforms, custom projects, reprints, etc.)
• 2-3 years of full-time book editorial/publishing experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Confidence communicating via email and telephone
• Strong sense of initiative and ability to follow through on projects
The Froebe Group (TFG) is a global publishing services company based in New York. TFG specializes in the management of editorial, composition, and data conversion services for academic and educational publishers. Since 2009, the company has worked with leading publishers to provide essential educational content and assessment across print and digital platforms.
TFG is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our global community. As part of this commitment to equitable opportunity, we strongly encourage applications from all individuals inclusive of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, religions, and beliefs.