Silver Spring, MD or Remote possible
This member of the publications team will assist with book development and production and provide assistance to the publications staff on the Society’s two journals, the online bookstore, marketing, inventory, and the annual conference.
Responsibilities for Book Development/Project Management/Journals
1. Conduct market research working with the Director of Publications, ASPEN experts, focus groups, etc. to gather data in core subject areas to inform content development decisions.
2. Assist with editorial content calendar and product timelines and coordinate the efforts and communications among staff, author/editors, and vendors.
3. Work closely with editors, authors, peer-reviewers, copy editors, designers, indexers, and printers to ensure high-quality products are released on time.
4. Communicate with editors, authors, and production staff regarding queries/corrections to content, etc. and ensure that manuscript workflows progress to meet editorial deadlines.
5. Oversee copyeditors/proofreaders to meet ASPEN standards; draft, copyedit and proofread publication department book descriptions, marketing book ads, and other materials; assist with other documents.
6. Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor level college degree required.
• Excellent communication and comprehension skills, both written and oral.
• Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and deliver high-quality products within deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues on cross-functional teams; creative problem solver; proven ability to work independently and adapt to change.
• Publishing and project management experience, such as in journalism, book development, journal management and/or digital content highly preferred.
• Experience working with web-based technology and content management systems, including proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Adobe).
• Ability to represent ASPEN with members, authors/editors, vendors.
• Quick learner who can become fully proficient in ASPEN procedures and systems.
• Ability to travel to ASPEN's annual conference.
Must email cover letter with salary requirements and resume.