The Assistant Editor will assist with all facets of test item editing as designated by the Senior Editor. The Assistant will provide support to the team in activities related to item editing, item-writing workshops, and resource organization and maintenance. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Item Editor Skill Development: Under the direction of the Senior Editor, develop specific skills required to perform Editor I functions, such as style guide mastery, meeting facilitation training, medical terminology acquisition, new item processing, and evaluation of item flaws. Conduct developmental editing and proofreading of items as directed.
• Meeting and Training Support: Provide support for the scheduling, planning, preparation, and execution of item-writing workshops and other training initiatives. Support presentation and document creation for meetings and webinars. Train to give presentations to groups of subject matter experts and facilitate small group work.
• Item Bank and Editing Resource Maintenance: Update items with new terminology preferences. Enter item updates from subject matter experts, including references, assets, and coding. Track item editing project status. Conduct routine searches for enemy items, lifted content, and updated terminology.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Four-year college degree (English, Journalism, or a similar concentration preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Some office or administrative experience preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Superior attention to detail, and strong keyboarding and proofreading skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with medical terminology and/or assessments a plus