Are you looking for a freelance contract that provides stability and regular, ongoing work as well as flexibility?
To work with us, you must meet all of the following minimum selection criteria:
• be able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week (noting that we are, in particular, seeking editors who can work 40 hours per week on average)
• be fluent in English
• hold a PhD OR an editing-specific postgraduate qualification OR an equivalent amount of industry experience
• possess significant experience editing documents at a tertiary level
• be familiar with the expectations and conventions of academic documents in the Australian or NZ tertiary sector
• have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and manage time effectively
• be exceptionally self-motivated and possess excellent organisational skills
• be willing and enthusiastic about completing any necessary training and ongoing professional development (which will be provided free of charge)
• be able to commit to working with us for a minimum of two years and preferably longer (due to the value of our training), noting that exceptions are made to this clause for exceptional editors that we determine will require minimum to no training
• possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office 365, including the use of Track Changes and styles (on a computer that runs Windows).
Your application must include your 1) cover letter, 2) response to the selection criteria above and 3) CV.
Applications should be addressed to Dr Beth Rosenberg, Operations Manager, and emailed to email@example.com
To complete your initial application, you will be asked to complete a one-page editing test, which we will email you.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to edit a short series of test documents to demonstrate their abilities.
Our editors are paid per document based on word count, turnaround time and the level of editing performed.