Pittsburgh, PA or Remote
Poetry; Equestrian/Equine; Animals; Dark; Speculative
Any good editor should be an avid reader. I take that a step further by also being an avid writer.
Hi, my name is Maresa, and I am an editor/proofreader who would love to discuss perfecting your writing project.
I am a writer's editor who mentors you to develop and perfect your writing towards the goals you have set. I won't just breeze through your work and hand it back with intimidating, impersonal red pen scrawled over it. I will partner with you to learn your voice, uncertainties, and goals as well as ensure you understand the nature of all edits and recommendations.
Though I have a range of varied editing and proofreading experience and am delighted to work across genres and industries, I especially love working with the following genres/themes:
• Ancient Egyptian, Greek, Celtic, and Native American cultures
• Animals, especially horses/equestrian, birds, and cats
• Dystopian fiction
• Gothic and Southern Gothic
• Music, particularly electro/industrial, goth, metal, and rock
• Myths, folklore, fairy tale retellings
• Nature and place
• Paganism/Wicca, Hinduism, and Buddhism
• Science, particularly astronomy, biology, conservation and environmental, ecology, psychology, and zoology
• Speculative fiction, including magical realism