Academic, Medical, Scientific, Legal, Technical, Trade Non-Fiction
I am freelance editor who offers editing, proofreading, indexing, and research services to scholarly/academic, higher education, and trade non-fiction publishers, as well as museums and art galleries. I have fifteen years’ experience and my project list consists of monographs, scholarly publications, research papers, journal articles, higher education textbooks, non-fiction books, guidebooks, and exhibition catalogs, with some trade fiction as part of the mix.
My specialties include:
- all levels of editing (developmental editing, substantive editing, stylistic editing, copyediting) and proofreading;
indexing (book, embedded, electronic, pictorial, bibliographical, concordances);
- editing to layout and design;
- formatting complex documentation and ensuring accuracy of sources;
- working with translations and multilingual text;
- working with complex art programs, cartographic material, and scientific illustrations;
- re-drawing and editing tables, figures, charts, and forms;
- developing and editing supplementary materials;
- working with EFL and ESL authors; and
- verbatim and intelligent transcription and transcript editing (legal and medical).
Resume, references, and/or project lists available on request.