Behind the Page
New York, NY or Remote
Novels, Short Stories, & Poetry | Upmarket Genre + Literary Fiction | Multicultural SFF, Horror/Thriller, & Speculative Fiction
An alumna of the Columbia Publishing Course and former educator, Christa earned her B.A. in creative writing and business administration from Coe College—alma mater of former Iowa Writers' Workshop director, Paul Engle. At Coe, she was awarded the Diversity Leadership Scholarship and served as fiction and communications editor for literary magazine The Coe Review, practicing literary fiction, poetry, and folklore under a slate of professors who studied at the Workshop. She currently works in copyrights at Penguin Random House and previously held internships at Tor Books and Dystel, Goderich, & Bourret literary agency.
Christa’s teaching experience honed her proofreading skills, her poetry background gave her a keen copy editing eye, and her creative writing classes taught her the craft of developing narrative arcs. As a first-generation American and lifelong folklore enthusiast, she is especially suited to multicultural fiction and multilingual authors.
Additional Completed Training:
- Editorial Masterclass by director and publisher of Graywolf Press, Fiona McCrae
- Finding Your Characters' and Your Voice webinar by National Book Award-winning author, Jesmyn Ward
- Editorial Freelancers Association, Member
- PEN America, Member & Volunteer
- Literacy Partners, Associate Board Member
- United Nations Association of the U.S.A., Member