Build your brand, enhance your visibility, and attract new customers by becoming a sponsor.
With more than 1,400 active members, ACES is the premier professional association for copy editors in the United States.
Our members come from all kinds of publishing sectors, including book publishing, corporate communications, newspapers and magazines, academia, nonprofits, government communications, websites and a large freelancer network.
National Conference Sponsorship Packages (once a year)
At our national conference, ACES caps its exhibitors at 15 to ensure that you have direct, personal access to the more than 400 attendees who will pass by tables and booths multiple times between sessions. And your message can reach thousands of editors across the country through our website and newsletters.
- You get a table in a high-traffic area, not tucked away in a different room
- You get a quarter-page ad in the printed conference program
- You get a half-page ad in the newsletter to members before or after the conference
- Your logo is placed on the conference website and other promotional materials
- You may place an insert in the conference tote bags that all in attendance receive
- You get one free registration, which includes the Friday night banquet
- You get all of the above, plus bigger advertisements: a half-page printed program ad and a full-page newsletter ad
- You get all of the above, plus a full-page printed program ad and an ad on our website for three months
- You’ll be supplied with the email addresses of conference attendees
- You’ll get an ad, too, in post-conference eblasts to members
Or, we can customize your package. You can:
- Sponsor a morning’s coffee service.
- Sponsor the open bar at the Thursday night reception.
- Sponsor the meeting-space wi-fi, with your organization’s name as the password.
Custom sponsorships are available at lower and higher levels. For more information, contact Sara Ziegler, ACES treasurer.
“ACES gave AP Stylebook such a warm reception as a sponsor. Board members stopped by our booth several times to make sure we had everything we needed and to express appreciation for our participation. Attendees didn’t just swoop by looking for giveaways.
—Colleen Newvine, Product Manager, AP Stylebook
We had real conversations where they asked informed questions and showed genuine interest. ACES leadership also stayed in touch after the event to make sure we’d gotten good value for our investment.”
Regional Workshop Sponsorships
Every year, ACES holds several Editorial Boot Camps, Advanced Editing Boot Camps, and Digital Editing Bootcamps. Sponsoring these regional workshops allows you to reach working copy editors in cities around the country.
For $250 per Workshop
- •Your company’s name and logo are placed on our workshop web pages and any other publicity associated with the workshop
- You can provide handouts, fliers, or other giveaways that we’ll share at the workshops.
- Find our upcoming schedule on our training page.
Advertising in Monthly Email Blast to Members
$300 per email
You can get a display advertisement with the following specs:
- 600 by 180 pixels, delivered as a JPG or PDF, along the bottom of the email
- or 200 by 520 pixels, delivered as a JPG or PDF, along the left side of the email
- or you can get a copy block of 150 words plus a logo or image.
Monthly eblast deadline:
Second to last Friday of each month.
Advertising in Quarterly Newsletter to Members
$250 per Quarter-Page of Display Advertising per Issue
- quarter page = 3.7 by 5 inches ($250)
- half page = 7.5 by 5 inches or 3.7 by 10 inches ($500)
- full page = 7.5 by 10 inches ($1,000)
- Spring issue = Feb. 1 deadline
- Summer issue = April 1 deadline
- Fall issue = August 1 deadline
- Winter issue = Oct. 1 deadline