UPDATE: The Palmer House still has some limited availability. If the nights you need are not available at the conference hotel, ACES has an additional room block with theWit Chicago (an eight-minute walk to the Palmer House).
The Palmer House Hilton
17 E. Monroe St, Chicago, IL 60603
MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS
Room Rate: $189/night for singles and doubles
Book Online: Reserve your room online through this ACES link.
Book by Phone: 877-865-5321 (ask for the ACES group rate).
Check In: 3 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m.
• Valet-Parking: $75/night (In and out privileges.)
• Self-Park at Palmer House: $47 / 24 hours (In and out privileges.)
• Self-Park at 55 E Monroe: $45 / 24 hours (In and out privileges.)
• Valet-Parking for Lockwood/Potters: $25 for up to four hours
• Self-Park at 55 E Monroe for Lockwood/Potters: $7 for up to 3 hours with validation. For 3 – 9 hours $36 with validation.
• OR, you may find better deals with apps such as ParkWhiz or SpotHero.
AIR TRAVEL: Chicago has two major airports: O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Midway Airport (MDW). Chicago is a hub for several major airlines.
Public transportation: The CTA offers low-cost transit to downtown Chicago. You’ll need to buy a card at vending machines available near the train entrances.
From O’Hare, take the Blue Line to Forest Park, get off at the Monroe stop. Walk about 3 minutes east to State Street.
From Midway, take the Orange Line to the Loop, get off at Harold Washington Library stop. Transfer to the Red Line toward Howard Street and take it to the Monroe stop. Or instead of transferring, walk a few blocks north to State and Monroe Streets.
Cabs: From O’Hare, about $40 plus tip, 30-40 minutes though traffic can vary widely. From Midway, about $30 plus tip, about 30 minutes’ travel time depending on traffic.
Ride-share: You can book ride-sharing services through apps like Uber readily in Chicago, at generally a little less cost than a cab and at about the same travel time.
Amtrak: Chicago is a hub for Amtrak; trains from most major cities in the U.S. travel to Chicago. The Chicago station -- Union Station, at 225 S. Canal St. -- is less than one mile from the conference hotel.