Training and Education Manager
POSITION: Full-time salaried position. Benefits include paid time off, a Simple IRA plan, paid continuing education, and a work-from-home model that offers candidates a highly flexible schedule.
OBJECTIVE: Oversee ACES’ training and education programming ensuring that programming furthers the organization’s mission and goals.
- Work with ACES staff and volunteers to develop programming and delivery methods that position ACES as a leader in providing innovative training to editors
- Oversee and grow ACES’ established training programs and events (this includes monthly webcasts, boot camps and the ACES Academy, ACES’ learning management system)
- Oversee and manage the education portion of ACES’ national conference (this includes but is not limited to: working with volunteers, assisting with creating and selecting educational sessions, securing speakers, working with the Executive Director on creating the overall conference schedule)
- Coordinate trainers and speakers for all programming
- Collaborate with staff on strategic marketing of programs
- Be aware of the “pulse” of the industry and ensure ACES’ educational programs reflect that
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years experience in designing and delivering educational programs/association management
- Background in editing, journalism, or related field a plus
- Familiarity with eLearning tools
- Availability to attend organization’s national conference in the spring
- Flexibility for travel
- Disposition of a self-starter
- Willingness to collaborate and the ability to work well with others
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
Perks of being part of the ACES team:
- You get to work from home
- Highly flexible schedule
- Flexible work hours (as long as you get your work done)
- Paid time off, plus 7 paid holidays
- Simplified/ongoing performance reviews
- Encouraged professional development
As an ACES employee, you will be part of a team that takes their work seriously but not themselves. We value the importance of work-life balance. We believe in having fun, celebrating wins and working hard.
At this time, ACES does not offer insurance.
ACES is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.